Needing a Breakthrough? Thoughts on Freedom and Isaiah 58

Last night at church I was singing that song that goes “Fall on me ever so gently, and break these chains…set me free, set me free, set me free, set me free…” During the song, I felt impelled to change the words slightly and instead sang, “We are free, we are free, we are free, we are free…” It hit me hard that yes, there may be some addictions, burdens, lack of peace, or fears clinging to us, but in reality, we are already free of these things in Christ because of what He has accomplished for us. I think that actively embracing and walking in the freedom He has already given us might make more sense than asking for Him to free us. He already has freed us. What would happen if this paradigm shifted inside of us where we realized...

To read the full article, click here http://www.conversantlife.com/ucontent/needing-a-breakthrough-thoughts-on-freedom-and-isaiah-58 or on the link on the right under My Published Articles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the concept of freedom. Great post, to me one of the greatest freedoms is the freedom to serve Christ. It is tragic to see those that are slaves. Slaves to sin and death, yet the claim they are free. Thanks for the post.

Jen Miskov said...

Thanks for your comment freedomthinker. I agree, freedom in Christ is such a beautiful thing that can really transform our lives once we grasp hold of it. Thanks for stopping by!