The WAY

“Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life…’” John 14:6
Jesus says, “I am the Way…”
Not sure which way to go next in life? What is the next step? What decision shall I make in this situation? What should I get involved in? Do I need to go on a pilgrimage to some holy place to experience God? Seek out some ecstatic experience? What do I do next? Where do I go? What ministry shall I get involved in?
Jesus says, “I am the Way.”
Sounds easy enough right? Yet, Jesus says “I am the Way.” He is the way. I just need to follow Him, seek Him, trust Him. He is my direction. He becomes not only the one awaiting me at the end of my path, but He becomes the path itself, “the way” if you will. He is my way. He is the path I need to be on. I need to be with Him and not on my own man-made path to get to Him. I don’t need to create paths because He is my way.
Jesus is the Way.
In the midst of questions, confusion, lack of direction, the words of life spoken by Jesus destroy all other options. Being with Him, running to Him, staying in Him brings comfort, perspective, and silences all fears. Take hope and receive divine direction. Today He answers all our fears about the future when He says “I am and will always be your way.”

No comments: