Order and Life?

"Le'on-Joseph Cardinal Suenens was quoted in 1974 as saying,
'I have taken very seriously what, in the Charismatic Renewal, is called the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I have asked for it myself...I felt as I became a bishop, taking part in the work of the hierarchy, that the Lord was calling me first to be at the disposal of the Holy Spirit, and second to be an administrator. If God is to be free to act, we need Spirit and life first; then we give it order. Life precedes order.'"
Quoted in Logos Journal 4 1974 and placed in "A Survey of 20th-Century Revival Movements in North America by Richard M. Riss

Spirit and life first, then order. Before I DO anything Lord, help me to BE at the disposal and leading of Your Holy Spirit and let all life come from that place.

No comments: